Meet Our Coolsculpting Specialists
Michigan’s First CoolSculpting Master
Allergan Medical Institute Faculty Trainer: CoolSculpting
Kristen’s compassionate and enthusiastic approach to CoolSculpting stems from her emphasis on exceptional patient results. With 19 years’ experience in aesthetics and dermatology assisting, she specializes in cutting-edge CoolSculpting techniques utilizing the traditional Legacy and the newest CoolAdvantage applicators. Kristen was one of the first to receive advanced cryolipolysis training from CoolSculpting University in Pleasanton, California and Reston, Virginia. As a sole technician she is amongst the top CoolSculpting providers in the entire Midwest. Having performed over 10,000 treatments at The Spa MD, her clientele is primarily based on word-of-mouth referrals. Kristen’s successful approach has been recognized by Allergan, as she is also a trainer for CoolSculpting throughout the country.
Having experienced various CoolSculpting treatments and applicators personally, Kristen’s focus is to ensure that you are comfortable and knowledgeable before, during and after your treatment. Whether you are new to CoolSculpting or treating additional areas, rest assured Kristen will put your mind at ease during your entire CoolSculpting process.
Kristen’s passion for perfection is reflected through her work; she views each treatment as if it were her own with her detail-oriented approach. Her positive demeanor is a reflection of our office’s welcoming environment. Feel confident that you have chosen The Spa MD!
Joseph E. Mark, MD
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Joseph Mark, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with over 30 years of practice in the art of plastic surgery and is dedicated to providing the finest quality of medical care in cosmetic surgery. He is also a member of numerous societies and is on staff at local area hospitals. With the experience of having performed thousands of procedures, Dr. Mark has the skill and expertise needed to provide you with beautiful lasting results.
Born in New York City, Dr. Mark attended Cornell University and went on to complete a Master’s degree at Queens College in Flushing, NY. He then completed his medical degree at State University of New York In Brooklyn. This was followed by an Internship in Baltimore, MD. After general surgery residencies in Brooklyn and at Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Dr. Mark completed his Plastic Surgery residency at Providence Hospital in Southfield, MI. He is currently affiliated with DMC-Huron Valley and with Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, MI, where he has served as Vice Chief of Surgery and Chairman of the Surgical Suite Committee.
In his military service, Dr. Mark was the Assistant Division Surgeon for the 82nd Airborne at Ft. Bragg, NC. He also served as President of the Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons. He is an active member of several medical societies including the elite American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
Dr. Mark is a member of the elite American Society of Plastic Surgeons®. This organization requires its members to be accomplished plastic surgeons committed to high standards and quality care.
Dr. Joseph E. Mark’s Credentials
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B.A.
- Queens College, Flushing, NY, M.A.
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, NY, M.D.
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, MD, internship
- Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, general surgical residency
- Sinai Hospital of Detroit, Detroit, MI, general surgical residency
- Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, plastic surgery residency
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgeons, former Secretary/Treasurer, President
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Oakland County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Society of Cosmetic Chemists
- Major, U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, NC, Assistant Division Surgeon
- Crittenton Hospital, Rochester, MI, Former Vice Chief of Surgery
- DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital